As an afternoon activity, I practiced a bit on macro-photography today. I used a small self-built model of Darth Vader’s TIE fighter in front of a dark background and added light and smoke effects with some LEDs and an electronic cigarette (*g*). The whole setup was quite simple with a flashlight as the light source and not much else besides the added ‘special effects’. Both images were taken with the E-M5 kit lens in macro […]
I bought myself a Stormtrooper action figure and took it for a photoshoot in a snowy landscape today. This figure is from the Star Wars Black Series (#09 Stormtrooper). I was quite impressed how realistic the achievable poses can be and I can really recommend these collectibles for all fans of the Star Wars franchise. For sure I will continue to post some more images with the figure in the future (some serious, some less serious). All images in this […]
Trying out my new (budget) lighting setup with a simple halogen floodlight + diffuser (from the left) and reflector (from right) for around 30€. Fortunately various interesting fruits/veggies were found in the depths of my kitchen for this purpose :) The images were taken with my E-M5 and 45mm f1.8 lens.
This is a macro image of a piece of cardboard, illuminated by a single external flash. I tried to create an illusion of an outer space scene with a very minimalistic setup. This image is also part of our monthly photo-challenge with the topic ‘red’.
For a photo-challenge with the title Gegensätze (contrasts) I took some macro images of salt and black pepper. I tried to differentiate both shots by using b/w and color images and also tried to achieve a ‘film-look’ for the peppercorns. I think that the combination of both images works quite well for this theme. For these shots I used an old Olympus lens 28mm and a 2x teleconverter which I used on my E-M5.
This weekend I tried to improve in low-key photography. I had a tulip and a black sweater available and quickly put together an improvised setup. For this series I used the E-M5 kit-lens in macro mode and a single external flash for illumination. Contrast and saturation have been adjusted in Lightroom.
These are some more experiments with water drops on negative film. The setup was lit with a single flash (and a self-made color gel). For the correct timing i used a self-built light barrier made from a laserpointer and photodiode for triggering the flash and my trusty Olympus OM-4-Ti in bulb mode.